Books in Pottermore and Where to Find Them


As an avid fan of Harry Potter, I did my homework. Although I have already told you that I won't be telling you how to solve/find hidden objects on the Pottermore adventure, I decided to help you now SINCE I had a hard time finding some of them myself. So..without further ado, let me present you the hidden books (chocolate frogs and my Galleons are not yet completed) in Pottermore Book One: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.


Hogwarts: A History 
Location: zoom in until windowsill is visible, near the bottom of the stairs; chapter 8 moment 1 

Quidditch Through Ages 
Location: Hermione's (middle) backpack, red book; chapter 9 moment 1

A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry 
Location: bookshelf on the left; chapter 12 moment 1

Important Modern Magical Discoveries 
Location: zoom in once,  first bookshelf, towards the bottom; chapter 12 moment 1


Notable Magical Names of Our Time 
Location: zoom once, second shelf, second row from the bottom; chapter 12 moment 1

Great Wizard of the Twentieth Century
Location: zoom once, second shelf, 2nd row from the bottom; chapter 12 moment 1

   
Curses and Counter-Curses 
Location: don't zoom, left side on the bench; chapter 12 moment 2 

Modern Magical History
Location: zoom once, left of ron, on the second row; chapter 14 moment 1

From Egg to Inferno: A Dragon Keepers Guide 
Location: zoom twice (towards the shadowy figure of Hagrid), second row from the bottom; chapter 14 moment 1

   
Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland
Location: don't zoom, left side, book shelf facing you, book is gray, second row from the bottom; chapter 14 moment 1  

Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit
Location: don't zoom, on the table near the cup and candles; chapter 14 moment 2

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration 
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley

A History of Magic 
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley  

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi 
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley


Dark forces: A Guide to Self Protection
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley

Magical Theory 
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley

Standard Books of Spells 
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley

Magical Drafts and Potions
Location: Purchased, Diagon Alley
Where to find the hidden books in Pottermore

hidden books in pottermore
books found on pottermore
Notes:
1. The three books (Dark Forces: A Guide to Self Protection, Standard Books of Spells, and Curses and Counter-Curses) are all located on the spells section and not in the truck as most of your books are.
2. The Magical Drafts and Potion is the one that you use in brewing potions.
3. I got a little bit confused with the shelves thing...Just to be sure, hover your mouse to the shelves :)
4. I think I'm missing one book. I read somewhere that you could find the last book (I'm missing one in my trunk) in the Great Hall when you are dueling. But as Wizard's duel is out of order as of (September 15, 2011), I can't see for myself.
hidden books in pottermore
For the hidden potion ingredients, click here.
For the chocolate frogs and their locations, click here.
For the hidden objects, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts